New webinar series deep-dives on health payer cost containment topics
ITASCA, IL (February 4, 2014) – Discovery Health Partners will host a webinar on February 27 that illuminates common issues, challenges andopportunities for Medicare Advantage health plans as they seek to better manage and optimize their member revenue.
Entitled “Unlocking the Power of MSP: Keys to Maximizing Your Premium Restoration Process,” the webinar highlights how Medicare premiums can be a source of significant untapped revenue for healthcare payers. Discovery Health Partners finds that a Medicare Advantage plan covering roughly 30,000 MA lives could be missing out on premium restoration of more than $4 million.
“Our session will shed light on the growing importance of validating MSP records and attempting to restore underpaid premiums due to MSP,” said Laura Cohen, Director of Operations and Client Advocacy, Discovery Health Partners. “At a time when plans are looking to maximize revenue and minimize waste, this could significantly impact the bottom line.”
The February 27 webinar is scheduled at 12p Central/1p Eastern. Medicare Advantage health plans can sign up at /unlock-the-full-potential-of-your-msp-program/.
The session will cover:
- How hidden landmines in the Medicare Secondary Payment (MSP) validation and correction process can impact payer premiums
- How to successfully communicate with CMS and ECRS to improve outcomes
- Why documenting and tracking the MSP process simplifies CMS compliance
- Examples of payers increasing their revenue by millions, in a matter of months, by retooling their MSP programs
- How to determine if an existing MSP process needs a health check
“Medicare Advantage plans will benefit from our insights on catching up on underpaid MSP premiums, staying on track with ongoing validations, and correcting eligibility to protect future premiums,” stated Cohen. “It’s a session that every Medicare Advantage health plan should attend.”
This is the first in a new series of webinars that Discovery Health Partners will conduct on valuable healthcare cost containment topics. To sign up for future webinar alerts, visit